Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm a Bad, Bad Blogger....I know!!

I know, it's been more than two months this time. All I can say is, I've been BUSY!!!! I'm not complaining though. I like being busy, to a point. It's better than being bored. But seriously, it's been ridiculous.

Softball season for Alison started the first of March and it didn't stop until this past weekend!! Which is an awesome thing!! During this Softball season, I also had 2 weddings, 1 prom, helped organize and deliver a ladies devotional, 3 softball tournaments, several individual photo sessions, helped my parents plant a garden, raised money for Relay for Life (thanks everyone who donated), Bobby was in Dallas for a week on business and not to mention, there were several Dr. appointments sprinkled in. SOOO, life as been slightly busy and doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon.

The first wedding was a good family friend and a "little" girl I used to babysit, boy do I feel old!! It was a beautiful ceremony that took place in a little chapel on the lake at Children's Harbor.


The Prom I did was interesting, to say the least. It was the first prom I have done and I must say, I like shooting proms!! It was so much fun. It was the area Homeschool Prom, so there was a good mix of personalities and fashion to keep it interesting. The kids were great. I was reluctant to accept the job, but so glad that I did and can't wait to do another one.

The very next day after the prom was the other wedding. Talk about wearing myself out. It went pretty smooth and again was a beautiful, simple ceremony...just like I like them :).

Now, back to Softball. This year was the best year for Faith Christian High School Softball in the history of the school.....which, if you are from around Anniston, you know really isn't saying much. BUT, this year was awesome, seeing as last year's record was like 3-15, which last year was the best in the history. Last year, even with that record, the girls beat the right team at the right time to advance to the Sub-State tournament, only to lose right away. THIS year our regular season record was 11-5. In class 1-A, area 8 we won and place 1st overall. From there we hosted the Area Tournament. And despite the ridiculous "swine flu panic" and cancellation of all high school sport events....after six games that tournament record was 5-1. The last 3 games of the tournament were played from 3:00 pm - 9:30 pm on Tuesday, May 5. The second game went into overtime and after 9 innings, we won 15-13 and had to turn around and play that same team again to determine the seat for the Regional Tournament. We also won that 3rd game.....20-10!! So, two days later we are headed to Lagoon Park in Montgomery, for the Regional Tournament!! I was so happy for the team, but so sad that I would have to miss Relay for Life, which happened to fall on the same weekend. That Friday, we played Billingsly at 10:30 am and lost 8-7. At 5:00 that same day, we played Wadley and won 13-1. The next morning, we played Sweetwater at 11:30 am and in the 6th inning we were behind 9-2, but came back and tied it in one inning, only to lose 10-9. Hard loss, but they played hard to the end. Faith's overall record for the 2009 season, including tournaments is 16-11. Not a bad improvement. Next year, the goal is State Playoffs...way to go Faith Lady Lions....you did good!! AND you got that Area Banner to hang in the gym...09 goal--achieved!!Well, that has been my life for the last couple of months. It's late and one of those Dr. appointments I mentioned earlier, comes early tomorrow morning in Birmingham....so, good night to my blog friends. Hopefully it won't take me as long to post next time.

"If we're not directly displaying the Glory of Christ, then we are useless and ignoring the reason for our existence."

No comments: